Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Taking care of your Books - Sandpaper sponge


I love collecting hard cover edition books. Some people don't. They say it is consuming too much space, bulky, heavy, etc.

Hard cover books are pretty handy to maintain. Some collectors built customized book shelf for it. Or purchase glass cabinet so they can have them displayed in their mini library or bedroom.

Personally, I preferred my books to be stored in a tote box. That way, they are safe in exposure to dirt, insects, humidity and other elements that could be damaging to the books. 

Years of exposure to the shelf can cause discoloration of the edges of the book. 

Some advise to use bleach. But I guess you have to be doing that for years so it won't damage your books. 

I guess I am more comfortable with using sandpaper. Here is the video to show you how...



No comments:

Post a Comment